Recently released is Frampton’s latest album, Acoustic Classics. Frampton covers key tracks from his ’70s catalogue, including “I’m In You,” “Fig Tree Bay” “All I Want To Be (Is By Your Side),” “Wind Of Change,” “Lines On My Face,” “Do You Feel Like We Do?,” “Sail Away,” “Show Me The Way,” and “Baby, I Love Your Way” — with Frampton handling nearly all the guitar and bass work on the album.
- We asked Frampton, who turned 66 back in May, what’s driving him these days: [“I’ve been doing this a long time. I don’t necessarily feel old. I mean, the brain is still working and I feel the same way about my music and everything. I still have the same drive, I haven’t lost that. That would be the time to get out of the business if I don’t careabout, say, this new project. Y’know, I could’ve whipped off those 10 songs in a couple days and, stuck ‘em out, y’know? But, y’know, I’m still very, very excited by what I do — which I’m thrilled about and very lucky to have that drive, I think.”] SOUNDCUE (:29 OC: . . . drive I think)
- UPDATED: Peter Frampton tour dates (subject to change):
March 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 – Fort Lauderdale, FL – Rock & Romance Cruise on Celebrity Cruises – Celebrity Constellation *** with full band
March 24 – New Albany, OH – McCoy Center For The Arts
March 26 – Nashville, TN – Schermerhorn Symphony Center
April 1 – Skokie, IL – North Shore Center For The Performing Arts
April 4 – Cleveland, OH – Ohio Theatre
April 6 – Peekskill, NY – Paramount Hudson Valley
April 8 – Kingston, NY – Ulster Performing Arts Center
April 11 – Londonderry, NH – Tupelo Music Hall
April 12 – Rutland, VT – Paramount Theatre
- Three long out of print Peter Frampton albums have been digitally remastered and reissued — the 1986 comeback set, Premonition, its 1989 followup, When All The Pieces Fit, and the 2003 collection, Now.
- Both Premonition and When All The Pieces Fit were released through Atlantic Records, marking his first major releases for a label other than A&M, which was his home since 1970 when Humble Pie signed to the quasi-indie L.A. imprint for its third album.
- Peter Frampton‘s Raw tour performances include such legendary Frampton favorites as “All I Wanna Be (Is By Your Side),” “Wind Of Change,” “Penny For Your Thoughts,” “Show Me The Way,” “Just The Time Of Year,” “Lines On My Face,” “Baby I Love Your Way,” I’m In You,” and “Do You Feel Like We Do.”
- Frampton diehards are thrilled with the addition of the 1969 Humble Pie classic “Take Me Back,” the Pie’s amped-up arrangement Buddy Holly’s “Heartbeat,” “Oh, For Another Day,” from his 1972 solo debut Wind Of Change, the never-before-performed 1994 favorite “You Can Be Sure,” the 1981 title track to his Breaking All The Rules collection, along with a cover of the Beatles’ “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown).”