The Butler Transit Authority is moving forward with plans to move the location of their main terminal in the City of Butler from East Cunningham Street to West New Castle Street.
During a meeting of the authority on Tuesday, board members agreed to buy seven new, high definition security cameras with mobile access for about $6,000 from Kittanning-based company 2Krew. Transit officials said the cameras at the current terminal are outdated and failing.
The cameras are one of several items that will be needed as the authority prepares to transition terminals. State funding has been requested to help pay for the move, which should be done by early fall.
The authority has had a terminal on East Cunningham Street in Butler for 25 years.
Riders of the Butler Transit Authority commuter bus service to Pittsburgh will soon have an easier option to pay.
The authority plans to enter into an agreement with San Francisco-based Token Transit to utilize their mobile ticketing app.
The app is currently being used by public transit in several places around the state to allow for added convenience for riders who want to purchase passes and board the bus using only their phone.
The cost to the authority is $300 for installation on each of the five commuter service buses. Token Transit also will keep 10 percent of the fares it collects, while sending the remaining 90 percent back to the authority.
The ticketing mobile app is expected to be available in August.
The post BTA To Move Terminals This Fall; Introduce Mobile Ticketing appeared first on ButlerRadio.com – Butler, PA.